Virtual mobile numbers
Virtual mobile number / inbound SMS / hosted SIM
These are all names for the same functionality. In essence, they allow any business to have a fast and reliable channel, where they can collect feedback, orders, confirmations or simple information from employees and customers. As a business you can receive SMS messages and be internationally available. You get your own number rather than having short codes, which are generally shared across a lot of brands.
VMN / Long Numbers allow a wide range of industries to generate large amounts of mobile-originated SMS from the subscribers, such as Wireless Application Service Providers, MVNOs, MVNEs, e-sellers, advertising agencies and media channels.
The VMN / Inbound SMS / Hosted SIM solution supports applications such as:
- Competitions and voting initiated by TV and radio shows
- Product feedbacks, campaigns and promotions (number printed on any product package)
- Globally available number for international companies and events
- Reception of SMS for companies wishing to interact with consumers
- Reply path to online tools, software packages, etc.
- 2-way communication with service engineers, sales forces and suppliers
- Reception of SMS to be forwarded to computer or user account
- SMS-to-email applications
- SMS Chat services
- Feedback SMS for mass mailings or promotional activities